Subscribe For Free Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.

Wednesday, 28 October 2020

Family Rottweiler dog fatally mauls 1-day-old baby boy

 

 Family Rottweiler dog fatally mauls 1-day-old baby boy

A one day old baby has tragically lost his life after he was mauled by a family Rottweiler dog.

 

According to a Tuesday report by Australian website, News.com.au., the unnamed child from Hamilton city in New Zealand, was pronounced dead on Sunday October 25, hours after being rushed to a hospital in critical condition.


“This is a traumatic time for all involved and our thoughts are with the families and individuals involved,” stated Hamilton City Council animal control manager Susan Stanford.

 

The Rottweiler attacked the baby boy, just a day after he was born.

“Police are continuing to make enquiries, and are liaising with relevant agencies,” said a police spokesman.

 

A neighbor, identified only as Karen, speaking to the website said she had seen the mother sitting on the grass next to the road, lovingly holding her newborn and that the attack occurred after the woman went to the bathroom.

“I sat beside the mother and put my arm around her,” said Karen. 

“The baby boy was crying really hard. He was just so little.”

 

The neighbor also claimed that the Rottweiler tried to bury the baby.

 

She described the child after the attack as “all dirty and had bits of blood on him.”

 

According to the neighbor, both the Rottweiler and another dog owned by the new mother had been confiscated.

“The whole thing is horrible,” said Karen. “Every time I close my eyes I just see him.”

Bring to Justice those involved in Lekki shooting- Amnesty International tells FG

 

Bring to Justice those involved in Lekki shooting- Amnesty International tells FG

Human rights group, Amnesty International has asked the Federal Government to ensure that all persons involved in the October 20 shooting of EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate are brought to justice.

 

In its latest report published on Wednesday October 28, by its country director Osai Ojigho, the rights group said it is still investigating the shooting and reported removal of bodies of persons allegedly killed during the shooting.

“Amnesty International is again calling on Nigerian authorities to bring to justice those behind the shooting and to protect those who are exercising their right to freedom of assembly.

“The organization is still investigating the shooting and the reported removal of bodies of those killed by the military in an attempt to remove evidence.”

 

The group noted that it had been monitoring developments across the country since the #EndSars protest began on October 8.

“What happened at Lekki Toll Gate has all the traits of the Nigerian authorities’ pattern of a cover-up whenever their defence and security forces commit unlawful killings.

One week on, the Nigerian authorities still have many questions to answer: who ordered the use of lethal force on peaceful protesters? Why were CCTV cameras on the scene dismantled in advance? And who ordered electricity being turned off minutes before the military opened fire on protesters?

The initial denials of the involvement of soldiers in the shooting was followed by the shameful denial of the loss of lives as a result of the military’s attack against the protests.

Many people are still missing since the day of the incident, and credible evidence shows that the military prevented ambulances from reaching the severely injured in the aftermath.”

 

The human rights group added that it tracked the military’s movements before the incident as narrated below:

Amnesty International’s Crisis Response experts investigated and verified social media videos and photographs that confirm the Nigerian security forces were present at the Lekki Toll Gate when the shootings occurred.

At 6:29pm local time in Lagos, two military vehicles were filmed leaving Bonny Camp on videos shared on social media.

Later footage shows four vehicles with flashing lights in a convoy, and they appear to be vehicles used by the Nigerian military and police.

The same vehicles headed east along Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue – which changes its name to the Lekki-Epe Expressway – in the direction of the Lekki Toll Gate.

On this route, the vehicles pass several international embassies and consulates, including the Japanese Embassy and the Australian High Commission.

Further photographs and footage capture the vehicles arriving at the toll gate, before the peaceful protest is disrupted by men in military uniform and gunfire is heard.

As night time descended, protesters continued to film and share videos of the shootings. Later in the evening, videos of the victims were also shared on social media.''

 

The Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has in different interviews, stated that he never ordered the military to the Lekki tollgate where the protesters gathered.

 

However, in a statement released on Tuesday, October 27, the Nigerian Army says its officers were invited by the state government to enforce the curfew imposed by the state government. The Army in the statement, denied shooting any of the protesters.

Oyo Police parade nine suspects over attack on Iseyin police stations

 

Oyo Police parade nine suspects over attack on Iseyin police station

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested 9 suspected criminals in connection with the burning of Iseyin police station. 

 

It will be recalled that hoodlums invaded the police station last Thursday, carted away arms, valuables and thereafter set it ablaze. 

 

Oyo Police parade nine suspects over attack on Iseyin police station

 

Parading the suspects at the command Headquarters on Wednesday, October 28, the state Commissioner of Police, CP Joe Enweonu said the suspects capitalized on the #EndSARS protest to commit arson and looted public and private valuables.


The CP said the nine suspects were arrested in the Oke-Ogun area of the state for attacking the Iseyin Police Divisional headquarters and carting away arm, ammunition, and other valuables.

 

 

Oyo Police parade nine suspects over attack on Iseyin police station

 

The suspects are, Taoered Hamsat, Tajudeen Ibrahim, Moshood Fatai, Musibau Abubakar, Sikiru Aliu, Fasasi Fatai, Isiaka Olaniyi, Raheem Toheeb and Adeleke Akeem.

 

Items recovered from the suspects include one small generator, Nino wall clock belonging to the division, one Bajaj motorcycle, one hero 125 motorcycles, one TVS motorcycle.

 

The Commissioner also disclosed that six suspected criminals who carried out a coordinated attack on the palace of the Soun of Ogbomoso land, Oba Jimoh Oyewumi Ajagungbade the 3rd, and unleashed mayhem on the Ogbomoso town, have been arrested and charged to court.

 

Oyo Police parade nine suspects over attack on Iseyin police station Oyo Police parade nine suspects over attack on Iseyin police station Oyo Police parade nine suspects over attack on Iseyin police station

 

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

 

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claimed he slept with Beyonce over 10 years ago.

 

The American record producer made this claim in leaked text messages he sent to another woman in 2010. 

 

The woman had sex with Diplo then reached out to him to let him know she got a sexually transmitted infection (STI) from him. She asked to know what kind of infection he has so she'll know what she's treating. 

 

However, Diplo denied it, blasted her and called her a liar. Then to prove he couldn't have given her an infection, he claimed he had sex with Beyonce.

 

Diplo wrote in his response to the woman: "Cause I don't... Also I slept w Beyonce too."

 

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

 

The screenshots were recently released to a Twitter influencer by the woman who exchanged the text with Diplo. The Twitter influencer said the woman was still in fear of Diplo as she reached out to her.

 

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

 

Some people said the messages might have been from a fake account so a video was recorded to show that the messages are from Diplo's verified account.

 

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

 

Women have now reacted by blasting Diplo and accusing him of lying with Beyonce's name. Others questioned if there's truth in Diplo's claim since the DJ and Beyonce aren't strangers.

 

Diplo helped produce two tracks on Beyonce's Lemonade album, "All Night" and "Hold Up".

 

Below are Twitter reactions and a video showing the messages are from Diplo's verified account.

 

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

Diplo claims he slept with Beyonce; women react

 

 

Body of missing rapper found inside friend's crashed car when police noticed foul odor coming from trunk

 

  Body of missing rapper found inside friend

The body of a Virginia rapper who went missing for eight days was found in the trunk of his friend's car after a crash on a Florida highway.

 

Brian Trotter, AKA Kent Won't Stop,25, was reported missing by his family on Saturday, October 17. A week later, his body was discovered in the boot of a car after Miami-Dade police responded to a crash on Palmetto Expressway near Miami Lakes on Sunday, October 25. 

 

The officers towed the vehicle - a 2009 Silver Acura - to a nearby car park, where they saw flies buzzing around it and noticed a suspicious smell.

 

Authorities say that Mr. Trotter’s body was found "wrapped in fabric and that he had died from multiple gunshot wounds" when they opened the trunk.

 

Police say the young rapper was killed by his friend and his body was driven around for a week before being found.

 

His friend, Robert Avery Coltrain, 25, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder, as well as illegal transportation of human remains.

 

The investigation revealed that the two men had been friends for more than a decade and they played sports together as teens. 

 

Mr Trotter’s father, Brian Trotter, told the Miami Herald that Coltrain had been acting strangely when he picked his son up.

 

“I heard a knock on the door. It was Rob. He was very reluctant to talk to me. I noticed he was acting really strange,” he said. “Usually, Rob comes in the house. This time, he was real distant and nervous and antsy.”

 

Germany announces second national lockdown to curb Coronavirus spread

 

Germany announces second national lockdown to curb Coronavirus spread

Germany has announced second national lockdowns to curb coronavirus spread. 

 

German Chancellor Angela Merkel, said her nation will enter a four-week lockdown from 2 November.

 

Germany's restrictions will see:

  • Bars and pubs to shut
  • Restaurants to close except for takeaway
  • Gyms, cinemas and theatres to shut
  • Indoor gatherings banned for more than 10 people and between more than two households
  • Hotels to close to tourists - staying open only for "essential reasons"
  • Shops to stay open but with a maximum of one person per 10 square metres

 

Ms. Merkel said schools, nurseries, and day care centres will stay open. She also revealed that she "wants to make sure" nursing homes can still have visitors during the lockdown.

 

The German Chancellor explained that the "tough measures" were necessary to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed as Germany faces soaring coronavirus deaths and cases.

 

"We need to take action now," she said, adding the key to defusing the "very serious" situation was to reduce contacts while limiting damage to the economy.

 

The chancellor said the number of filled intensive care beds had doubled in 10 days, but believed this short lockdown could help curb down the spread and ensure hospitals can continue to cope. 

 

"If the pace of infections continues like this, then we'll reach the limits of what the health system can manage within weeks," she said.

 

Earlier on Wednesday  October 28, Germany's disease control agency confirmed a record 14,964 new confirmed coronavirus cases in one day, taking the national total to 449,275. 

 

It also reported 27 more deaths, raising its total to 10,098, the Robert Koch Institute said

 

 

 

 

Sunday, 25 October 2020

Kidnappers reportedly kill Nigerian Army colonel after collecting N10m ransom

 

Kidnappers reportedly kill Nigerian Army colonel after collecting N10m ransom

A Nigerian Army colonel, SB Onifade, who was abducted along Abuja-Kaduna Highway, has been reportedly killed by his abductors after collecting N10million ransom from his friends and family.

 

Onifade, a consultant gynaecologist, was abducted near Olam Farms area of the highway while traveling on September 27, 2020. 

 

Sources who confirmed the development to Daily Nigerian, said that Onifade was killed on Saturday, despite payment of the N10million ransom. 

 

It was gathered that the Nigerian Army had launched massive rescue operation for the officer, while ransom negotiation was ongoing.